March 23, 2005
1. Personal Information
The term “personal information” means information from which an individual may be identifiable, such as an individual’s name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address.
2. Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information that you have provided to us and that is necessary or relevant to our business.
If you choose to provide us with personal information of any third party, including your family members, you will obtain or will be deemed to have obtained the agreement of such third party for disclosure of the third party’s personal information.
A minor must obtain the consent of his parent or guardian prior to providing us with any personal information.
3. Information Security
Pursuant to applicable laws protecting personal information, we will endeavor to protect personal information provided to us from accidental loss, tampering, leakage or misuse.
4. Use of Personal Information
In connection with our business operations and the business operations of our related companies (a listing of which may be found in our consolidated financial statements), we use your personal information for the following purposes:
- (a) to distribute our business and product information relating to automotive and electronic equipment, including new products and services;
- (b) to manage contractual relationships;
- (c) to provide maintenance services;
- (d) to survey your business requirements;
- (e) to help improve the quality of our products and services;
- (f) to aid in our employment activities and manage our employment relationships; and
- (g) to aid in business activities related or incidental to those purposes listed in (a) through (f) above.
5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not provide your personal information to third parties, except in the following cases:
- (a) Where you provide us with your consent to disclose personal information to a third party;
- (b) Where we provide personal information to a third party database or statistical services company for purpose of compiling statistical databases and other databases from which a specific individual may not be identified;
- (c) Where we provide personal information to our contractors that may be necessary for the conduct of their business; in which case we shall endeavor to execute an agreement with such contractors to ensure the protection of personal information and to supervise their use of personal information;
- (e) Where disclosure of personal information to third parties is permissible or necessary under the law.
6. Disclosure, Modification and Termination
If and when you wish to request us to disclose, modify, or terminate our use of your personal information, please contact our office. (Please click here, for contact information.) Upon confirming your identity, we will endeavor to take appropriate actions within a reasonable period of time in order to comply with your request.
7. Access Log and Cookies
When you access our website, information regarding the computer facilities used to access our website will be recorded in a computer database (the “Access Log”). The Access Log will record the name of the internet service provider, the name and version of the Web browser, and the operating system of the computer used to access our website. In addition, the Access Log will record the specific web pages that you accessed within our website and the time and date of your access. We will use such data to improve our website services and business practices.
8. Website Security
In order to prevent unauthorized access to our website by third parties, we will endeavor to secure our website by employing cryptography techniques such as Secure Sockets Layer and other website data security measures.
This website may be linked to websites of other entities not related to our company. We do not share your personal information with such other websites. As we do not take any responsibility for the conduct of such entities, you are recommended to study their respective privacy policies prior to accessing their websites.
11. Governing Law