Respecting human rights and the promotion of diversity
Our group does not allow any discrimination based on race, ethnic group, religion, colors of skin, nationality (birthplace), age, gender, physical conditions, hobbies, education, social statuses, families or any other characteristic protected by law and are strongly opposed to any act of discrimination by third parties.
Based on the awareness that diverse values are important to respond to ever-changing business conditions and environments, we make efforts to build up an organizational group constituted of diverse characters.
- Programs to improve work-life balance
- We provide programs that allow time off from work for parenting or nursing care, or shorter working hours with a choice of work times (flextime), so that employees with small children or family members in need of nursing care can achieve an appropriate work-life balance.
Promoting the employment of women
- Promotion of elderly employees
- In order to succeed the knowledge, skill, and wisdom cultivated over many years, we introduced a re-employment system of employees after mandatory retirement.
- Promotion of the employment of impaired people
- As special-purpose subsidiaries, we established STANLEY WELL Corp. and Matsuo Electric Co., Ltd., providing environments where impaired people can work with a sense of safety and security.
Building a sound working environment
Our group has built a sound-working environment where employees can work safely and securely.
Disaster prevention training
- Labor-management relations
- Management and the union regularly hold consultations, addressing building an environment where employees confidently concentrate upon work, for example, health and safety patrol is conducted with the labor-management association, etc.
- Safety and disaster prevention
- Each plant conducts training courses on health & safety and an introduction on risk assessment as well as regular checkups by the Health and Safety Committee, addressing the challenge of preventing on-the-job accidents.
The emergency contact network of all employees is regularly updated, establishing an organization to quickly check safety in case of emergency.
- Health building of employees
- At the time of the annual health check, mental health check is also conducted, and counseling with a medical officer is available if necessary.
Employees of 30 years old or more are recommended to have a thorough physical checkup.
Human resources development and welfare
Based on the human resources policy, “We put priority on human resources with a strong spirit of self-improvement and willingness to study,” and in relation to the Stars Plan, a total meritocracy-based human resources system that is fair, convincing, and reasonable and development is being advanced to all Group companies.
* the Stars Plan = the Stanley total ability rating system Plan
New employee training program
- Ability development system
Targeting“ability development that leads to improved ability to accomplish duties,” “ability development with priority on character” and the “provision of opportunities for employees with a strong spirit of self-improvement and willingness to study,”we have a complete education and training system.
In addition to class and function based education, we promote and support individual employee ability development such as support for self-development and promotion for acquiring public qualifications.
- Rotation system
- To put the right person in the right place as well as to promote personal independence and invigoration and strengthening of the organization, we implement a job rotation system taking advantage of employee abilities and skills.
A comprehensive range of career paths are available, including job rotations to different function linked with the personal career selection system and an in-house foreign study system.
- Employee evaluation system
- Based on meritocracy, we evaluate employees by two systems, namely, the ability evaluation system to check the ability to accomplish duties and the performance evaluation system to assess the extent of contribution to business results and performance.
We not only feed back evaluation results to individual employees but also link them to qualification, salary, ability development, and other human relations systems, leading to higher motivation of employees, promotion of ability development and fair treatment.
- Exchanges with educational institutions
- We partner with domestic and foreign universities and graduate schools for joint research, deepening exchanges with educational institutions and addressing R&D on a wide variety of themes.
Also, to develop human resources who support the future of manufacturing, we dispatch our employees to multiple graduate schools as visiting professors of doctorial courses, host elementary, and junior high school visit to plants and accept university students' internship.
- Charge leave system
- For the purpose of reinvigorating physical and mental vitality and to promote re-designing of jobs and the development of creativity, we introduced a special incentive leave system to enable employees to take successive holidays of one week for every five years of service and one month for every ten years, which has been taken by all employees.
In order to make the leave fruitful, we provide special benefits in addition to regular salaries.
- Survivor compensation benefits system
- The system is established so that if an employee dies or is severely disabled, the life of his/her family and childcare will be supported.
We provide special condolence money or special ex gratis payment, supporting the life of the family.
In addition to this, if the family has a child of less than 18 years old, childcare pension based on the number of children is provided every month.